Haynes Furniture - Broken nightstand. Hole in mattress. Still no replacement after 2 weeks
Update added by user Mar 28, 2014
Location is Va Beach, VA. Not the Norfolk ,VA location.
Original review posted by user Mar 28, 2014
I purchased a king size mattress, bed and nightstand from Haynes totaling 2300 dollars paid in full.Get items home un box nightstand the leg is broken.
Inspect mattress there is a huge hole in the bottom and the top threading is already coming loose. Call customer service who were less than helpful, they say they will exchange but I have to rent my own u-haul to bring the current mattress and nightstand back and then deliver the new one back to my home which will cost us an additional 100 bc of mileage to and from. It has been two weeks and my mattress has still not made it to the VA beach location for me to pick up as of yet. Keep in mind it is coming from Williamsburg.
Furthermore the fact that these were both damaged in the warehouse and the damage was never caught before being transferred to the customer is ridiculous. It is even more ridiculous that the burden of their mistake is placed on me as the consumer and not themselves. I just spoke to customer service and it is looking like it is going to be another week before I will receive my mattress. Three weeks my entire dinning room full of furniture I cannot use.
This is a joke and I will never purchase from them again. If they wouldn't charge me a 10 percent restocking fee which would put me in the hole 250 plus the 200 I've spent on uhauls I would return everything.
I can also say with 100 percent certainty I will NEVER purchase anything from Haynes Furniture again and I will tell ANY and EVERYONE who will listen what kind of experience they will get from shopping with this sub-par furniture store.*Since the mattress is still in the sealed manufacturer plastic I can't get a photo where you can see the hole and the pulled thread bc the glare from the plastic blurs the defect.
More Review Details
You May Also Like
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- "On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom..."
- "I bought 2 Leather Sofas from Ashley's April of 2010 & purchased a warranty on them too $1,500 is what I paid for them. I had them no..."
- "I have done business with this company on several occasions. They bombard my mailbox with special offers all the time. I placed an order for 3 wigs on..."
- "I purchaed a wig at Diamond Beauty Supply. Once I got home I realized that they packaged up the display wig that every1 else has tried on and sold..."
- "My husband and I bought a home from Clayton Homes of Tappahannock that has turned into one nightmare after another. They hired Woodland Landscapping company to set our home..."
- "Once we were notified that $58.94 was withdrawn from our account, I started researching. Thinking it might have been myself, I started w/ my email address. Since I had no..."
- "London & London are the slime of the attorney community. They are a small family owned business specializing, in their own words "By engaging in skip tracing and asset locating,..."
- "About four years ago I purchased a red bycast leather sectional sofa, matching chair and two matching ottomans from Rooms To Go, Ocala, Fl. I was suspicious right from..."