Haynes Furniture - Broken nightstand. Hole in mattress. Still no replacement after 2 weeks

Update added by user Mar 28, 2014

Location is Va Beach, VA. Not the Norfolk ,VA location.

Original review posted by user Mar 28, 2014

I purchased a king size mattress, bed and nightstand from Haynes totaling 2300 dollars paid in full.Get items home un box nightstand the leg is broken.

Inspect mattress there is a huge hole in the bottom and the top threading is already coming loose. Call customer service who were less than helpful, they say they will exchange but I have to rent my own u-haul to bring the current mattress and nightstand back and then deliver the new one back to my home which will cost us an additional 100 bc of mileage to and from. It has been two weeks and my mattress has still not made it to the VA beach location for me to pick up as of yet. Keep in mind it is coming from Williamsburg.

Furthermore the fact that these were both damaged in the warehouse and the damage was never caught before being transferred to the customer is ridiculous. It is even more ridiculous that the burden of their mistake is placed on me as the consumer and not themselves. I just spoke to customer service and it is looking like it is going to be another week before I will receive my mattress. Three weeks my entire dinning room full of furniture I cannot use.

This is a joke and I will never purchase from them again. If they wouldn't charge me a 10 percent restocking fee which would put me in the hole 250 plus the 200 I've spent on uhauls I would return everything.

I can also say with 100 percent certainty I will NEVER purchase anything from Haynes Furniture again and I will tell ANY and EVERYONE who will listen what kind of experience they will get from shopping with this sub-par furniture store.*Since the mattress is still in the sealed manufacturer plastic I can't get a photo where you can see the hole and the pulled thread bc the glare from the plastic blurs the defect.

More Review Details

Product or service
Faulty Furniture
Review category
Furniture and Decor
Review rating
5 out of 5
review #480779 by

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Haynes Furniture? Submit review ›
Helpful? 4 Yes 4 0 No 0
Had the same issue 2 Yes 2
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.