On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom cushions fell apart. I contacted Greg Roberts, the store manager at the Dump. After a number of months of calling Greg, he gave me cushion covers. I put them on myself and brought them home.
Within months of replacing the covers, one of the three bottom cushions fell apart again. A few months later, the back cushion (which is attached to the sofa and not able to be replaced) opened up at the seam. The stuffing is falling out of the sofa.
I contacted Mr. Roberts again in September 2010. Mr. Roberts refused to do anything to replace the sofa. He refused a refund or a partial refund. I sent him photos (attached) of the issues with the sofa. He did not respond to the photos.
Someone who purchases a sofa for $549.00 plus tax expects it to last more than a few months. The Dump refuses to stand behind their product.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "Bought a leather sectional 5 years ago. After 2 yrs the leather started peeling. Now the entire sectional is peeling. Paid over $1800 for this and am highly disappointed...."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "Took my Morkie to be groomed they shaved him down to the pink skin and left his tail and face untouched. He was still dirty! Needless to say they..."
- "I received an email about an auto-renewal for Driver Whiz which I did not order! The email days it's been a year and they will charge me $29.99 plus VAT..."
- "Anthony or Toni Gill is not employed by TMobile. He falsified references and documents in order to gain access to one of our rental properties. He is scamming the..."
- "delamination on left side panel of slide out and structural issues on rear left and right side screws broke off so the sliders frame is coming apart from the frame..."
- "So I've had State Farm for 32 years. My daughter turned 16 about a year ago and we put her on our insurance. Her insurance rate was nearly 5x..."
- "This is the work of Appliances done right! They said they provided a 90 day warranty, but they will not come out and fix the issues I'm having. ..."