Haynes Furniture (The Dump) has poor quality furniture
On 2 January 2009 I purchased a sofa at the Dump in Hampton Virginia. The dump is a subsidiary of Haynes Furniture. Within months of the purchase, the three bottom cushions fell apart. I contacted Greg Roberts, the store manager at the Dump. After a number of months of calling Greg, he gave me cushion covers. I put them on myself and brought them home.
Within months of replacing the covers, one of the three bottom cushions fell apart again. A few months later, the back cushion (which is attached to the sofa and not able to be replaced) opened up at the seam. The stuffing is falling out of the sofa.
I contacted Mr. Roberts again in September 2010. Mr. Roberts refused to do anything to replace the sofa. He refused a refund or a partial refund. I sent him photos (attached) of the issues with the sofa. He did not respond to the photos.
Someone who purchases a sofa for $549.00 plus tax expects it to last more than a few months. The Dump refuses to stand behind their product.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "KraftMaid APC "All Plywood Construction" is a true misnomer. The backs of the cabinets are made from a combination of strips of plywood (for wall attachment) and a sheet of..."
- "October of 2014 I made a purchase of a power reclining sofa and stationary loveseat from Rooms to Go. 2 Months into it the back of the couch was flat..."
- "Service guy came spent 5 minutes or less. He did not leave a list of things he checked or serviced, nothing to sign or review, just said goodbye and walked..."
- "Everything was fine until I barely drove it to the RV storage with no fluid in transmission. Transmission pan was leaking. Lucky it was repaired by my friend. Decided to..."
- "So I have worked for the company for a few years now at a few different chains in a few different states. Each time transferring easily to my current postion..."
- "This is one of the most awful experiences I've had with anything. I hate buying stuff from Walmart, there is always something wrong with it. How do you pack..."
- "One year ago I used Behr Deck paint to finish off my deck, and this is what it looks one year later. Very disappointing. ..."
- "... when you hear "upper or lower" 300 or 400 room number that's the small rooms you aren't able to see..."