my husband & I purchased furniture for our newly renovated house.Salesman "sold" us the add-on 5year warranty for the furniture.
We purchased among other furniture, 2 matching leather recliners. One for him, other for me. The arms and headrest areas are cracking, peeling and the peeling leather is as thin as tissue.. On 8/21/15 i made the initial call to the warranty company (Uniters).
Since then and up to now as I write this warning on 9/10/15, we experienced the abosolute WORST customer service. We even made a special trip to the store and the store manager, Tony, had us work with Chris who left us with impression that we would get warranty service. After that it was back to the run around until finally today, when I took the day off to focus on getting a service appointment that the Manager, Chris indicated would happen, I was told by Debbie at the Haynes Warranty Dept that the warranty will not cover the chair. I was shocked with her response.
My husband's recliner is fine and mine is not as photos show.. And after all the back & forth with the warranty company & Haynes to be told we will NOT get warranty service. Debbie told me it doesn't cover bonded leather's peeling , cracking. My question is why would Haynes Furniture sell a warranty at all for a product that the warranty doesn't really cover?
I sure didn't know what bonded leather is (now I know its junk ) when we shopped at Haynes for new furniture and we bought 2 of the same bonded leather recliners! Wonder why his chair is fine, mine is breaking down?)
My warning is to understand different types of leather, know that the Haynes warranty is slickly written and sold by slick talking salespeople and Haynes Furniture (at least the one on W. Broad St) does not care about customer satisfaction nor loyalty.
We need more furniture and guess where we will NOT shop again?
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Product or Service Quality|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Worst customer service by haynes
- Misinformed salesperson
- Reason of review:
- Faulty product Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Either repair chair or refund with store credit. I will buy a fabric covered chair.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Haynes Furniture Leather Recliner
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "The delivery team attempted to deliver sofa ( which ended up bring the wrong one) with the legs still on it, by pushing, shoving, maneuvering and more pushing through a..."
- "I wouldn’t advise anyone to ever shop at this Prattville, Alabama location. If I could, I would give them zero (0) stars, but I have to give them at least..."
- "I have always liked Lazyboy recliners having owned three over the years. A couple of years ago I purchased a leather recliner and what a mistake that turned out to..."
- "In august of 2015 installed replacement airbags new shocks and the air compressor on my 01 towncar. Thw warranty was very limited and our system was collapsed but was sure..."
- "Nar Mar Construction Company, Inc - Formerly McAnally Construction Company and MCC & Associates Inc. of Rockwall, TX owned by Shannon McAnally, Megan McAnally, John McAnally, Keith McAnally, Cindy McAnally,..."
- "Dear Lynn, RE: VIP CORPORATE FLIGHT ATTENDANT Thank you so much for your reply.Infact, before your reply, I'll must say I've already anticipated & expected that i'm will not be..."
- "I bought clover valley rice, has cob webs in it . Omg I've never dealt with this, now I'm scared to eat rice. It also has a lot of black..."
- "Six months ago, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It was the best based on Consumer Reports (I had horrible experience with Samsung, so we were relying on Consumer Reports)...."
- "Think twice before buying any games made by Activision! We purchased an X-Box 360 for our sons on Christmas, along with a number of games, including Call of Duty: Black Ops..."