my husband & I purchased furniture for our newly renovated house.Salesman "sold" us the add-on 5year warranty for the furniture.
We purchased among other furniture, 2 matching leather recliners. One for him, other for me. The arms and headrest areas are cracking, peeling and the peeling leather is as thin as tissue.. On 8/21/15 i made the initial call to the warranty company (Uniters).
Since then and up to now as I write this warning on 9/10/15, we experienced the abosolute WORST customer service. We even made a special trip to the store and the store manager, Tony, had us work with Chris who left us with impression that we would get warranty service. After that it was back to the run around until finally today, when I took the day off to focus on getting a service appointment that the Manager, Chris indicated would happen, I was told by Debbie at the Haynes Warranty Dept that the warranty will not cover the chair. I was shocked with her response.
My husband's recliner is fine and mine is not as photos show.. And after all the back & forth with the warranty company & Haynes to be told we will NOT get warranty service. Debbie told me it doesn't cover bonded leather's peeling , cracking. My question is why would Haynes Furniture sell a warranty at all for a product that the warranty doesn't really cover?
I sure didn't know what bonded leather is (now I know its junk ) when we shopped at Haynes for new furniture and we bought 2 of the same bonded leather recliners! Wonder why his chair is fine, mine is breaking down?)
My warning is to understand different types of leather, know that the Haynes warranty is slickly written and sold by slick talking salespeople and Haynes Furniture (at least the one on W. Broad St) does not care about customer satisfaction nor loyalty.
We need more furniture and guess where we will NOT shop again?
More Review Details
|Style and Design|
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
What I liked
What I disliked
- Worst customer service by haynes
- Misinformed salesperson
- Reason of review:
- Faulty product Poor customer service
- Preferred solution:
- Either repair chair or refund with store credit. I will buy a fabric covered chair.
- Monetary loss:
- Product or service
- Haynes Furniture Leather Recliner
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more ›
You May Also Like
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "I bought a red leather couch. It was on sale at $1500. Regular over $2000. I thought I was buying a leather couch that would last for..."
- "Think twice before buying any games made by Activision! We purchased an X-Box 360 for our sons on Christmas, along with a number of games, including Call of Duty: Black Ops..."
- "My over all experience with this dealership since I got my 2016 Colorado four months ago. My sales experience was good they do the typical push you into stuff..."
- "Six months ago, we purchased a Kenmore Elite dishwasher. It was the best based on Consumer Reports (I had horrible experience with Samsung, so we were relying on Consumer Reports)...."
- "Not much to say (there 4 pictures taken on the same visit say it all). I have been consistently disappointed in the quality of veggies and produce at the..."
- "Purchased a Super Start Powersport battery from Oreilly Auto and got ripped by Oreilly's. When I first 'unwrapped' the battery when I got home, the battery case was a very tight..."
- "I have had a terrible experience with light in the box! I paid (Oct. 12) for item with express expedited shipping (3-4 business days) (1-3 days for processing). I have..."